23.8.08

Wistful Liverpool.


Yesterday we spent the night in a pub in commemoration of a friend's anniversary. A placed called Som Brasil.
Good atmosphere, funny companion, interesting faces and a great show, performed by "General Blues".
All of a sudden, listening to a Beatles' song called "while my guitar gently weeps", I was captured by strong memories of a memorable night in Liverpool.
Probably one of the best trips of my life, with the perfect friend, to the perfect place.
Among other options like Wales and Scotland we decided for Liverpool, in our perspective - easier and cheaper but not less interesting -.
We left London in a thursday morning, arrived in Liverpool in the afternoon, spent the night and half of the following day exploring the town.
But that very night! ... I couldn't imagine how memorable that rainy night would become by just pottering around obscure and "god knows how ancient" streets, entering and leaving night pubs and visiting the World's most famous one: The Cavern Club.
Unfortunately at that time I hadn't yet felt in love with The Beatles, then I believe my appreciation(for TCC) was not so as it would be if I had the opportunity of being there tonight. They seemed nice to me, but that was it - cool(and overweening) guys making good songs.
My eyes were opened and my mood for their songs was sensitively shaped after attending to a presentation by Sargent Peppers, their "Brazilian representatives", not long ago.
In my humble opinion .. by far, this is one of their masterpieces.


While my guitar gently weeps
By George Harrison, for The Beatles

I look at you all see the love there that's sleeping
While my guitar gently weeps
I look at the floor and I see it need sweeping
Still my guitar gently weeps

I don't know why nobody told you
how to unfold you love
I don't know how someone controlled you
they bought and sold you

I look at the world and I notice it's turning
While my guitar gently weeps
With every mistake we must surely be learning
Still my guitar gently weeps

I don't know how you were diverted
you were perverted too
I don't know how you were inverted
no one alerted you

I look at you all see the love there that's sleeping
While my guitar gently weeps
I look at you all
Still my guitar gently weeps

0 comentários: